Skip to content
In this digital world, the smartphone has become a part and parcel of our lives. We cannot possibly hope to run our lives without it. And in case you are addicted to your smartphone, it is next to impossible to live without it. However, the batteries of these phones don’t last forever, as you obviously know. That can be a massive problem sometimes, if not all the time. I am here today to help you with it. In this article, I will share with you the 7 best battery saver apps for Android with ratings. You are going to know every little detail about them as well. So, without wasting any more time, let us move on. Read along.
Do battery saver apps really work?
In short, yes battery saver apps do work, and they help extend your battery life from 10% to 20%. Most of the battery saver apps shut down the background process and helps regulate what apps are allowed to run in the background. These apps also turn off Bluetooth, dim the brightness and some other tweaks which help in extending the battery life — at least marginally.
7 Best Battery Saver Apps for Android
Below are the 7 best battery saver apps for Android. Keep reading to find out more.
#1 Battery Doctor
Rating 4.5 (8,088,735) | Installs: 100,000,000+
The first battery saver app I am going to talk about in this article is the Battery Doctor. Developed by Cheetah Mobile, this is one of those apps that are rich in features. The app is offered for free by the developers. Some of the most useful features of this app are different profiles that include energy saving, power saving, and battery monitory. The app lets you define and schedule these profiles on your own.
With the help of this app, you can check the battery level status of your phone with ease. In addition to that, you can also track down the specific apps as well as the functions that are draining the battery life of your mobile. Not only that, you can customize quite a few settings that drain your battery such as Wi-Fi, brightness, mobile data, Bluetooth, GPS, and many more.
The app comes in multiple languages – over 28 languages to be precise. Along with that, you can optimize the battery power in a single touch.
- Ability to optimize the battery life according to the type of your app
- Customizing specific settings
- Simple and user-friendly user interface (UI)
- Supports more than 28 languages
- The app is quite heavy, especially when compared to other apps.
- The app becomes slow whenever running animations
- You are going to need lots of system permissions
Download Battery Doctor
#2 GSam Battery Monitor
Rating 4.5 (68,262) | Installs: 1,000,000+
The next battery saver app you can consider is the GSam battery saver. However, the app is not going to do anything for saving the battery life of your phone on its own. Instead, what it will do is provide you with specific details regarding your battery usage. In addition to that, it will also help you in identifying the particular apps that drain your battery life the most. With this newly found information, you can easily take preventive measures and increase the battery life of your smartphone.
Some of the useful data it shows are wake time, wakelocks, CPU and sensor data, and many more. Not only that, but you can also view the usage stats, past usage, lookup time estimate for your battery status at present, and time intervals.
The app does not work that much well in the latest versions of Android. However, to compensate for that, it comes with a root companion that you can make use of to gather more information.
- Data to show which apps drain the battery of your smartphone the most
- Gives you access to lots of information, helping you to make an informed decision
- Graphs to help you visualize battery usage
- Simply monitors the apps and does not have any control over them whatsoever
- User interface (UI) is complicated and takes time to get used to it
- Optimized mode not available on the free version
Download GSam Battery Monitor
Rating 4.4 (300,115) | Installs: 10,000,000+
The next battery saver app I am going to talk about is Greenify. The app is offered free of charge by its developers. What it does is it puts all the apps that drain the battery of the smartphone into hibernation mode. This, in turn, does not let them get access to any bandwidth or resources. Not only that, they cannot even run background processes. However, the genius of this app is that after they have been hibernated, you can still use them.
So, it is your choice whenever you want to use all the apps and when you want to put them to sleep. The most important ones such as email, messenger, and the alarm clock, any other app that gives you information that is essential can be kept on as usual.
- Does not take much of the phone’s resources, i.e., CPU/RAM
- You can modify the setting according to each different app
- You do not need to give away any personal information whatsoever
- Compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems
- Sometimes, it is difficult to figure out the apps in most need of hibernation
- Handling the app is a bit tricky and requires time and effort
- In the free version, the app does not support system apps
#4 Avast Battery Saver
Rating 4.6 (776,214) | Installs: 10,000,000+
The Avast Battery Saver is an excellent app for managing power consumption as well as for killing unnecessary tasks. The app is rich in features, adding to its benefits. The two most useful features of the app is the task killer and the five power consumption profiles. The five profiles for you to configure are home, work, night, smart, and emergency mode. Features such as app viewer and in-profile notifications are also available.
The app comes with a single master switch. With the help of this switch, you can turn on or turn off the battery saving app with the touch of a finger. An in-built smart technology analyses what portion of the battery life is left and communicates to you about the same, making sure you know which actions to take.
- Optimizes your phone as per the need of the hour and according to your battery backup
- The user interface (UI) is simple as well as easy to use. Even a beginner with no technical background can get hold of it in minutes
- You can configure profiles by optimizing the battery as well as on the basis of battery life, location, and time.
- There is an app consumption tool that spots apps that drain the most battery and deactivates them permanently
- Not all of the features are available on the free version
- The free version also consists of ads
- You will need quite a lot of system permissions to use the app
Download Avast Battery Saver
4,817) | Installs: 100,000+
In case you are looking for a root-only battery saver app, Servicely is just what you need. The app stops all the services that continue to run on the background, thereby prolonging battery power. In addition to that, you can also prevent rogue apps from harming your phone. Not only that, the app also stops them from syncing every time. This feature is especially useful in case you want to have a particular app on your phone, but do not want it to sync. The app is also compatible with wakelock detector apps. You can customize the app extensively and there are a lot of features for it to work well. However, you might experience a delay in notifications. The app comes both free as well as paid versions.
- Stops the services running on the background, prolonging battery power
- Prevents rogue apps from harming your phone
- Does not let these apps sync either
- Highly customizable with tons of features
- Experiences delay in notifications
149,937) | Installs: 5,000,000+
Another battery saver app you should definitely consider is AccuBattery. It comes with both free as well as paid versions. In the free version, you will get features such as monitoring the battery health of your phone. In addition to that, the app also increases battery life, thanks to features such as charge alarm and battery wear. You can check the capacity of the battery of your smartphone in real-time with the help of the Accu-check battery tool. The feature lets you see both the charge time and usage time that is remaining.
Coming to the PRO version, you will be able to get rid of the ads that often are bothersome in the free version. Not only that, but you will also get access to detailed real-time information about the battery as well as CPU usage. Other than that, you will tend to try a lot of new themes as well.
The app also has a feature that tells you about the optimal battery charging level – it is at 80 percent according to the app. At this point, you can unplug your phone from the charging port or wall socket.
- Monitors as well as prolongs battery life
- Detailed information about the battery and CPU usage
- Accu-check battery tool checks the battery capacity in real-time
- Tells you about the optimal battery charging level
- The free version comes with ads
- The user interface is quite tricky and can be hard to tackle at first
#7 Battery Saver 2019
Rating 4.2 (9,755) | Installs: 500,000+
Last but not the least, turn your attention toward the Battery Saver 2019. The app uses multiple settings and system features for saving your battery life. In addition to that, it also works on prolonging battery life as well. On the main screen, you will find options such as a power saver mode switch, battery status, statistics regarding the battery, run times, and toggles for several settings.
In addition to that, the app also comes with a sleep and a custom mode. These modes enable you to deactivate device radios. Along with that, you can also configure the settings of your own power use profiles as well.
Another useful feature is that you can actually schedule power-saving modes at different times in the day or night including wake, sleep, work, and many other important timings as per your choice.
- Lets you control battery-draining apps with ease
- Monitors as well as deactivate devices that consume battery power
- Different power-saving modes for various needs
- Free with a simple and easy to use user interface (UI)
- Full-page ads are quite irritating
- Lags on animations
Download Battery Saver 2019
Other Battery Saving Methods:
- Uninstall apps you don’t use
- Lower your screen brightness
- Use WiFi instead of cellular data
- Turn off Bluetooth & GPS when not in use
- Disable vibration or haptic feedback
- Don’t use Live Wallpapers
- Don’t play games
- Use battery saving modes
- Fix Faulty Hardware corrupted page error on Windows 10
- Fix Your PC will automatically restart in one minute loop
- How to install Internet Explorer on Windows 10
- 3 Ways to change DNS settings on Windows 10
This is every bit of information you need to know about the 7 best battery saver apps for Android along with their rating. I truly hope the article has provided with you tons of value. Now that you are equipped with the necessary knowledge, put it to the best possible use. Save the battery of your Android smartphone and keep using it for longer hours.